St Mary’s Without-the-Walls is situated in Handbridge, south of the River Dee, in the historic city of Chester. The present church was built in 1887 to replace the original St Mary’s On-the-Hill, now a heritage centre within the city walls.

St Mary’s is usually open all day for visitors. Please check before travelling as we sometimes need to close the church to prepare for wedding or funeral services.